The plastic problem is omnipresent, and we can't solve it alone. We are aiming to build an ecosystem to enable stakeholders to create aconomically viable & sustainable alternatives to various plastic products.
Plastic Pollution is catastrophic
Every day, the equivalent of over 2,000 garbage trucks full of plastic is dumped into our oceans, rivers and lakes. The consequences are catastrophic. Microplastics find their way into the food we eat, the water we drink, and the air we breathe.
- By 2025, 250 mn MT of plastic in our oceans i.e. more plastic in our oceans than fish!
- 90% of plastics in the sea are microplastics; can take up to 400 years to break down.
- <10% of plastic is ever recycled; Human beings now ingest ~5gm of plastics every week.
What really is the plastic problems?
In an ideal scenario, all materials humans consume should either get recycled using renewable green energy OR should decompose under natural environment conditions.
- Plastic meets the requirement of recyclability, however the challenge here lies in post-consumer reverse logistics since scrap vendors do not find commercial value in picking up the worst of plastic pollution i.e. the thin film wrappers for chip/biscuits/labels etc.
- Plastic does NOT meet the compostable criteria, and even "greener plastics" like PLA are not biodegradable & even compost only under certain conditions like higher oxygen and temperature levels.
- Molded fiber packaging meets the above 2 key criteria for sustainability.
Molded fiber manufacturing is an energy intensive process, & with rapid advances in renewables & supportive government policies for usage of renewable energies, it is realistically possible to manufacture molded fiber products using 100% renewable energy using the group captive off-site solar/wind model.
Multiple billion dollar product categories are ripe for disruption using molded fiber
Ready to Eat Food
Beverage Cups & Lids
Shelf Stable Cups
CPG & Electronics
Why choose us as your strategic partner
- Set up and operated multiple factories within food service
- Deep & hands-on understanding of audit requirements and have worked with international food brands.
- Previous equity partnerships with other global packaging companies
- Transparency, governance, & ability to manage working across cultures to build a successful platform
- Molded fiber specific sales experience
- Strong working relationship with global clients such as Starbucks, McDonalds, Unilever, Nestle etc.
- Experience with exports and imports of food service products